Thursday, June 11, 2009

Veggie Man Marathon . . .



The first harvest from the kitchen garden is in . . .  Sweet strawberries, a nice spicy Jalapeno, a couple of squash blossoms and a "Little Fingers" eggplant.

Now . . . a few  garden confessions" , 3 of the smaller strawberries are from the new patch, but the nicest ones are from the ones I planted last year.  The eggplant . . I bought a very nice sized plant so we could have a little immediate gratification!  Also true of the jalapeno.  The squash blossoms are the males which fall off so the females can make fruit and I am going to eat them in my salad tonite!
Oh my . . that sounds awful!!

It rained today . .  a lovely soft & steady rain . .   and my garden is smiling!

Lori Ann




2 comments:

The French Bear said...

How lovely!!! Nothing like growing your own fresh fruit and veggies!! Look a the beautiful colors, I can see a bunny with a jacket all embroidered with them!
You have so many talents!!!! i can almost taste those juicy berries, enjoy!
Have a great weekend Lori Ann,
Margaret B

Heidi Steiner said...

You are a silly one! Veggie man looks delicious.
Hugs-
Heidi