Saturday, October 17, 2015

Preparations . . .

Getting ready for an event means much more than
just sitting down to make a bear or rabbit.
(Especially when you are one of the show promoters!)
In addition to all the duties Rebekah L. Smith and I share in creating the 
we are both participating artisans.
With show plans well underway it's time to focus on our own works!
Creating begins with dreaming, visualizing, sketching & perusing my favorite antiques, 
holiday and textile books then letting the juices flow.
For a winter show of course thoughts are centered around winter friends, wooly sweaters, holly berries and all things warm and fuzzy. 
Since I work mainly in mohair and wool this also means dyeing.
To me this time of year means rich deep colors and I try to capture them in the dye pot.
I spent yesterday, making a total mess of the kitchen . . .  working so furiously that I 
forgot to take a photo of the big mess!
(Let's just say, husband walked in and walked out again!)
Multiple racks of drying mohair, wool and ribbons.
I kinda want to roll in it all!
Ready for cutting . . .  or just staring at!

Step one complete . . . .  Next to see who emerges from these luscious colors.
Into the studio I go . . .  these days till long past night fall.
The fur will be flying and I'll be in heaven!

Hope to see you in Peninsula, Ohio!
Lori Ann

4 comments:

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Absolutely gorgeous colors! Enjoy your creating and making the "fur fly".

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such gorgeous colors.
I look forward to the show!
Hugs :)
Lauren

bayrayschild said...

Best wishes for a grand show Lori!
I only wish I could be there.

Audrey


Lana Manis said...

I always have fun getting supplies ready, matching fabrics and trims, and then making lists... I'm very much a list person!
Your dyed mohair is wonderful... perfect for autumn!