Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Never enough "tyme" ?













Well . . . I never have enough time in my days to accomplish everything I want to do,
BUT . . . in the garden I now have plenty of "tyme", all kinds of "tyme" ! If only I could translate one to the other.
The stone path we laid just last year filled in nicely . . . and the kitchen garden we built is wonderful . . . of course I'm still waiting for that fence to weather out all grey!
Today is rainy & cloudy . . . but I thought I'd take some pictures of the spring garden, she is very happy drinking in all the soft rain and already she has provided us with loads of lettuce, spinach, radishes, chives galore as well as the blossoms (yum!) and now even strawberries for dessert.
It seems with a warm April we are off to an early start . . my beans and peas are up and full, onions are growing like crazy . . potatoes in pots and the ground have smiles on their faces I swear! I just got the tomatoes, eggplants and peppers in...so they will be later on . . but I did turn the whole side of our house into an asparagus bed!
For the record....we live in the "burbs" . . . but I used to live in the country and no one told me I moved! !


And . . . the wonderful beeskep pictured is by my friends The Bosi's !
Check out their website for more wonderful garden pieces!

Enjoy,
Lori Ann

5 comments:

tj said...

...Wow Lori Ann, just wow! I love your garden and flowers! Did you study landscape design? I love how you pulled everything together, it all looks like it was done by a professional!

...Like they always say, you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl! :o)

...Blessings...

The Country Store said...

LoriAnn I would love to have a garden like yours. Its great. Susan

Debbie Miller of Onion Patch said...

I want to live in your garden- I promise I won't eat much :)

The Blackwood Cottage said...

I love the stone path, we have a stone path and patio that needs something?! Now I know what to do, thank you for sharing!
Machelle

William Bezek said...

My heart goes "pang" over that! I've always wanted a little fenced off kitchen garden but have never had the space. I have to be very careful where I plant edibles in my garden lest the Chihuahua population marinate them...if you know what I mean?