Saturday, March 5, 2011

Let me tell you about . . . Friends






Some of the most amazing people in our lives we see all to infrequently.
But your heart knows they are always close.
Lives gets busy, family, work & other bits take precedence.
You think of your friends, but you don't get to see them as often as you like,
even if you are not far away.
So . . . this week we made it happen!
Friends together, lunch, laughter and time melts away.
My heart is still smiling!

***
Now the back story!
Sherry in the green vest taught me early on in my career the value and talent of display!
she is a master par none! I worked with her for a few years and have her to thank for helping me get into business & for teaching me so much!
Pat Knapp . . . in Photo with Husband Chuck was our hostess with the most-ess.
She and Chuck owned "The Village Idiot" an antique & folk art shop of the highest caliber!
I met them through Sherry & purchased some of my first and favorite antiques from them.
Chuck is a wealth of period knowledge and Pat is the most amazing cook . . .
I want to be them when I grow up!
Pat and Chuck now live in a condo, but look at how it's decorated!!
It's home . . and Pat has a nice kitchen for creating such decadence as cheesecake with chocolate, pecans and warm butter caramel sauce! YES . . I ate the whole piece!
Jean was a right hand lady & friend who helped Pat & Chuck when they held their most memorable open house /Parties in the cabin. I met her thru Pat.
And Alice, whom I also met at one of Pat's shindigs long ago,
is a rug hooker, teacher, wool dyer and amazing gardener.

First you make a friend . . .
& through that friend you make another, then another until you have a circle,
an amazing circle of friends!

Visit a friend . . .
Your heart will smile!

Lori Ann


Oh yes . . . those lovely eggs on the table were dyed by Sherry!! With silk scarves and ties!
We were each eager to buy some for our own homes!!
See Sherry & her eggs and other findings at:
April 16th.
Mansfield, Ohio








2 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

What a sweet post ~ and great pictures! It was a wonderful day and you convey that beautifully ~

Lana Manis said...

Nothing beats true friendship. I'm so glad you got to visit with your friends recently! :)