Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Garden Notes & A pinkeep winner!!



The winner of the Robin pinkeep is:
Cheryl Klarich
Congrats Cheryl!

Thank you ALL for your kind comments & wishes!
I truly appreciate each and every one of you!!

* * * * *
On a garden note!!
I've been a little slow getting into the garden this year with all the RAIN and everything
going on here at Corelis House !
I have finally gotten most of the kitchen garden planted.
The asparagus has been tasty and next we are looking forward to yummy lettuce
and fresh spinach and goat cheese omelettes!

NOW . . . I'm SOOOOO excited!!!
After 8 years I finally found something that would take hold and grow
under our pine trees!!! My original vision of a hosta/shade forest was a no go!
Too many roots and too acidic me thinks! Tried various ground covers as well . . NADA!
Last year I planted some sweet woodruff ,
then I crossed my fingers, toes and anything else that would cross!
Lo and behold . . . this spring it has spread , it is starting to fill in and is looking beautiful!!

If you are not a gardener , it might seem strange to get so excited over this,
but . . . we "fingers in the dirt types" get all a twitter over strange things!!
(Sweet woodruff is the lovely green plant you see in the photo . . it has
delicate white flowers . . grows about 10 or so inches high and spreads . . .
AND . . it grows under pine trees!!)

Thank you again and enjoy!
Lori Ann

PS:
Next week I'll be back on track with Wild Hare Wednesdays!

4 comments:

elaine said...

Lori Ann:

The Garden looks Great!!! I think I will try the sweet woodruff. I like ground cover that creeps. I have lilly of the valley and that also creeps and looks good. Hugs Elaine

William Bezek said...

That's a little bit of sweet, that woodruff is!

Cheryl Klarich said...

Lori Ann, I'm still brushing the faerie dust from my hair! Now that I have a little robin for some springtime inspiration, I vow to make my garden a less weedy place. Many, many thanks!

Cheryl Klarich said...

The sweet woodruff looks beautiful. Love your cricket sculpture too.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for running the Robin Pinkeep give- a-way.
Blessed Spring!