Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rewards . . .



We have had a full glorious day of sunshine!
Something quite rare this year it seems.
I spent the whole day outside, planting, trimming
and scrubbing the green stuff off the deck on my hands and knees!
But . . . for hard work there is always a reward,
Tonite in the form of a wonderful salad.
The greens, chive blossoms & asparagus
all came from the garden. I added beets,
hearts of palm, tomatoes & parmesean, then drizzled it all with balsamic glaze.
Ahhh . . . the sweet taste of spring!

I hope you had a sunny day!
Lori Ann

3 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Your salad is beautiful!

elaine said...

Your salad looks great, we had just a bit of sun yesterday, It has been overcast and raining on L.I. all week. I too have been busy cleaning the deck and furniture. What are the lavender flowers in your salad? Elaine

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Thanks girls . . .
Elaine the flowers in the salad are chive blossoms. They are edible and just a tad spicy! Yum!!