Thursday, May 25, 2017

Sometimes we grow quiet . . . .



There are times in our lives that overwhelm us and the best way to heal is to grow quiet.


Some of you may remember that husband had his shoulder replaced on the cusp of the new year, then not long after my mother fell. It was during these challenges that Lacy began getting sick off and on as well.
We did our best with everyone. Michael is doing well and has great moth in and strength back. Mother, after hospitals, rehab and another hospitalization is healthy and back at home with her little daschund "Fritz" awaiting her 94ht. birthday on June 3rd!
But . . .  try as we did with our hearts, souls and lovely vet, Lacy kept getting weaker and sicker.
She was at minimum 15.5 years old and could have been up to 17 ~ She was a rescue so we never knew her true birthday.
She was not always an easy dog. She was very protective of us and our home, but once in her "fold" ~ she loved you.

We will give our hearts to another ~ Lacy would want us to share "her" home as she knew is was a good, happy and safe one.  She knows too, that a furry face and little paws will soak up the tears and help us heal.

In her honor we will plant a pink dogwood tree in the garden.
Peace, Our dear one . . . 

On work:
When life is stressful, creativity does not come easily and often not at all.

I have managed to enjoy my teaching events. The From Our Hands Creative was amazing in it's new local and another teaching event with a stitcher's guild was lovely.
It was good for me to get out of a "too quiet" house and not think sad thoughts.
I am working together back on track in the studio and hope to bring to life a few spring pieces.
I'm an optimist at heart, so I know the sadness will subside and as it does a bit of creativity will emerge.
As in the garden , a bit of sunshine would help things along!

My hope is to have  new offerings for you in a few weeks.

Hugs,
Lori Ann

17 comments:

susan hemann said...

I am so sorry! Such a beautiful dog, prayers my dear

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

My deepest condolences for the loss of your dear Lacy.
I lost my sweet Maddie in January after 16+ years and there is still a void in my heart and an empty spot on the bed.
The passage of time will heal and you'll get your mojo back to create...
Take care.
Susan x

marly said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a heartbreak when they leave. Glad to hear your mom is doing well and wish her a happy birthday.

bayrayschild said...

Hello Lori,
Our beloved pets do bring such joy in our lives don't they.

Blessings to you and your family. So nice to hear your Mom and hubby have recovered.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Audrey

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori Ann ~
My heart breaks for you.
Run fast and free, Miss Lacy Lu.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

How do we recognize years of love and devotion into words? Simply....we cannot. So we share, and weep...and remember as best we can the days that they gave us, the hours that saved us and the moments that kept us together.....they know we cannot ever forget them, and them, us as well..... holding you in sweet remembrance of your beloved friends' passing....until you meet again,,the Summerlands await.
Xoxo
L

Megan Schetsche said...

So sorry Lori Ann! I agree with your assesment. We have these periods in our lives. They do pass, and happiness and creatvity come more easily again. I am heartened to know from your writing that you understand the place that you are at, and that you are strong enough to cope. Be kind to yourself, and give yourself all the time you need. Fondly.
Megan

Karen B. said...

Dear Lori Ann,
I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Lacy. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you.
Many hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Annmarie said...

Hi Lori
A part of the family and a huge loss....so very sorry. Glad Michael and your mom are doing well. Hope you are able to relax and enjoy the weekend awaiting your mom's special birthday.

3millplainrd said...

She looks as if she was Australian Shephard? Our Border Collie wasn't easy either, almost drove me crazy until I worked with a private trainer out of sheer deperation. She lived until just shy of 16 years. I miss her and every other dog I've been fortunate to have in my life. A year after her death, we were lucky to find another rescue. She is much easier, a German Shorthair. As much as I love her, it never diminishes the love I have for my dogs that have passed.

The Bear's Blog said...

What a sweet, little beauty. I believe in Heaven, The Rainbow Bridge and I know they will be waiting for us and they will be young, strong, beautiful and those tails will be wagging beyond belief. That is what gets me through - I do believe that it isn't over -

Hugs

woolwoman said...

you've had a tough couple of years Lori Ann. So happy your mom is back home - 94 WOW - that is super she can live alone with the assistance of Fritz! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I showed dogs for 25 years and that is why I don't own a single pet any more - just too painful to always be saying goodbye but saying hello is a good thing and I wish you well on a new companion to love and treasure. I hope creativity returns to the Spotted Hare - take care of you and DH first , happy Memorial Day weekend to you ! Mel

Unknown said...

Lori Ann, I am so sorry for your loss! Lacy Lu was a very lucky dog to have you for a Mom and to have lived her good long life in your home. I lost my beloved Cocoa on Feb. 4 and still miss her terribly. One of my other dogs, Ginger, is 12 now also and not doing so well. It's a tough time when you lose pets. Fortunately my third dog Lucy Lou is doing well. I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm glad you're thinking about getting a puppy. Nancy

Lee said...

Oh, Lori~my heart hurts for you. So sorry for all you have been going through, especially the loss of your precious pet. Sending you my good thoughts and prayers and a big hug.💕Lee

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet and kind words.
They will help our hearts heal.

Hugs,
Lori Ann

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

My sincerest condolences Lori. It is so hard when they leave us.

Gemma's person said...

Quiet is healing and soothing. Hugs to you . I am so sorry .