Thursday, May 24, 2018

Oh my goodness!

Do you know what GDPR is?
It's something to give a computer illiterate artisan a big headache - that's what!
But . . . it seems important.
GDPR stands for "General Data Protection Regulation" . . .  it is a law in the EU that is meant to protect peoples information on the internet.
This is a very good thing . . . and I'm sure it won't be long until we have new laws here in the US.

BUT . . . it's also very difficult for a small time artisan and business person like me to figure out!
The great majority of you lovely customers are here in the US.  
However, I do sell to some wonderful international customers as well. 

The Mercantile shop, with kits and supplies has opened the door to an amazing international group of stitchers! Stitching and the love of the needle knows no boundary or border. Styles, techniques and colors may differ from region to region, but this world of ours is joined together "stitch by stitch".

Now the reason for this post!
(My website builder, Newsletter builder, Shop host and everyone in-between is making me change things up a bit for safety sake, I'm doing my best to weed thru jargon I don't understand.)

If you are on my Newsletter/email list you will have just received a notice to "update your settings".
It's a quick click and will make sure that your info won't be shared or sold to a third party.
(I never did that anyway . . . but this adds another layer of protection for you.)
All this mainly affects those in the EU, but it's a good idea for everyone to update settings now and again!

If you missed the email or want to sign up to my newsletter now . . .
Just use the link below or the one in the sidebar of this blog.
Fast, easy and safe.


Have a most wonderful holiday weekend!
Much news to tell . . . I'll be catching up with a newsletter in June!

Fondly,
Lori Ann

No comments: