Wednesday, January 29, 2020

In Peace . . .

D. Eileen White
6/3/1923 ~ 1/13/2020

Miss Me ~ But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
and the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room,
why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little ~ but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared,
Miss me ~ but let me go.
For this is a journey we all must take,
and each must go alone.
It is all a part of the Master's plan,
a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart,
Go to the friends we know.
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me ~ but let me go.


Author Unknown

This is the woman who taught me to sew. 
That gift became my life work and I will be always grateful.
She remained happily in her home with her best friend Fritz,
 until the last month of her life.
There is a space I'm not sure what to do with, but 
I know she is okay and we all will be too.

If you are so inclined an artist friend & elder animal caretaker
does some amazing work on this earth. She also writes
stories, which I think you will enjoy.
Katherine wrote a sweet post about mother on her blog.
Please take a moment to read, I think you will be touched.
The story of Tulip is so much the story of my mother.

Hugs,
Lori Ann

5 comments:

Kay said...

Dear Lori Ann, They are so precious our mothers, I so enjoyed reading your blog about your mother. The love was in your words for her.

I too lost my mother just two short years ago, she too passed in December before Christmas. At her passing i cried for my loss, but rejoiced in her journeys end, as i knew she was no longer suffering. I will miss her til i join her one day but til then i celebrate her by making her favorite recipes like her homemade applesauce, a tradition every Thanksgiving. As her mother, my grandmother taught her to use MacIntosh Apples, because they give a wonderful red tint to the sauce. That is how we honor them by continueing traditions.

Your mother looked so lovely and kind. Smiles,Kay

Deanna said...

Hugs,
d

Mugwump Woolies said...

Dear Lori Ann, The sweetness and the serenity on your mother's face in this pic is so touching. Such a loving moment with her dear pup. Beautiful. Thinking of you in this time of sorrow.
Robyn

old crow said...

So sorry for your loss. Big hugs and prayers to you and your family🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Katherine Dunn/Apifera Farm said...

I was grateful to be entwined with your mother, and Fritz, somehow in the threads of life's mysterious path. I have loved seeing her photos with fritz and so glad she lived almot entirely at home, with him, and family near. No matter how we have our mothers...it seems unconscionable [is that a word??] they go away, but of course they don't really, they just wander elsewhere and come and go in the most surprising ways when we need them-it's a new language to learn with them. Love to you.

'grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if i were beside you..
i loved you so-
'twas heaven here with you.'

paschal richardson